Dynamics CRM 2016 release includes updates to all online services, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016, Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016, and Microsoft Social Engagement 2016. Below are some quick notes from the guide. Complete guide is available here.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a major release that will be delivered to both online and on-premises customers.
- The online services – Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2016 Update, Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 Update, and Microsoft Social Engagement 2016 Update – will be delivered as a customer driven update.
- Introducing capabilities like intelligent product suggestions (for up-sell / cross-sell) and recommended cases and knowledge to resolve customer service cases.
- Field service capabilities with the acquisition of FieldOne.
Adding SMS as a marketing channel to our multi-channel campaigns in MDM with features as:
- Support for outbound and inbound SMS marketing.
- Maintain a database of opt-in and opt-out preferences of your marketing contacts.
- Send outgoing promotional SMS messages to opt in contacts for SMS.
- Tracking performance of your SMS campaigns.
- Enriching the email editor with features to generate HTML in your emails interactively.
- CRM App for Outlook.
- Excel Integration: To help increase productivity, Microsoft is providing the ability for salespeople to conduct analysis in Excel, directly within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- OneDrive for Business
Document Generation: Building a beautiful document based on CRM data is now simplified with Document Generation.
- With one click users can easily generate a document from CRM using pre-defined Word and Excel templates.
- Authors can manage the pre-defined templates and using a wizard like flow build custom templates in Word or Excel.
- Document templates are role based by entity to ensure users have the proper content to meet their needs.
- Cortana Integration
Voice of the Customer: Dynamics CRM 2016 includes a new survey designer that to create and send out questionnaires to collect feedback from customers about your products or services.
- When a customer completes a survey, rules in Dynamics CRM can trigger follow-up actions that occur immediately.
- Multi-stream Dashboard
- Single-stream Dashboard
- Modern and intuitive UI design
- External Party Access: External Party Access is the foundation that allows external parties such as Employees, Customers and Partners to access CRM data with the right level of permissions.
Unified Service Desk
- Out of the box integration is now available with any third party systems such as Azure HDInsights.
Social Listening & Social Analytics
- In addition to Twitter, Facebook, Blogs (WordPress/Tumblr), Videos (YouTube) and News, you will now be able to search boards/forums and custom sources via RSS.
- Adding 14 additional languages: Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Thai and Turkish.
- Bulk Data Loader for CRM Online
- Next generation search
- Azure Machine Learning and insights integrated into the CRM user interface, removing the complexity of requiring data scientists or understanding ML models.