CRM 2011 Dialogs do not provide any easy way to access the currently logged in user’s information.
By creating a new instance of an entity (I create a special entity), the owner field will contain the currently logged in user.
The steps I follow:
- Log into CRM and create a new entity, call it new_CurrentDialogUser. You do not have to add any new fields.
- Open your existing dialog for editing.
- From the Dialog editor, the first thing to do is create an instance of new_CurrentDialogUser.
- Create a new stage, positioned at the very beginning of the dialog.
- Click ‘Add Step’ and select ‘Create Record’.
- Choose the type to be new_CurrentDialogUser.
- Click on properties. Notice the owner field is presented. Do not populate this field. Instead, when the ‘Create Record’ step executes, it will default the owner to the currently logged in user.
- Once the ‘Create Record’ steps executes in your dialog, you have…
View original post 139 more words