I’m not an expert in SQL Server and related stuff like replication but recently faced an issue with simple solution deployment in CRM 2011.
I was trying to deploy an unmanaged solution consisting of Contact entity where I had created a new custom field. When I tried to import the solution, the solution import used to fail without any specific error even in the downloaded log. All components used to process successfully with only Root Components status as unprocessed where the import used to fail.
Then I tried to create the field manually by customizing the entity. When I tried to create a new field, I used to get SQL Server error. The log here too had not much helpful information.
These error messages occurs when SQL Replication is enabled for Microsoft Dynamics CRM databases and you attempt to insert into a text, ntext, or image column that is published in a replication article.
In this case, you get below error.
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Length of LOB data (14349284) to be replicated exceeds configured maximum 65536.
Below article describes the resolution for it.
‘max text repl size’, 14349284
In few cases, above resolution didn’t worked for me. The only way that we could figure of was to import the solution by un-publishing the related replication articles and then publishing.