With the new frame structure of CRM 2013 and 2015 many of the forms for entities open in the same window and same form. But you must have noticed that there still are few entities that open up in new window/tab keeping the parent window open. Now there was this interesting question, “When does CRM 2015 open a new window or tab?”
On few hands on, I came up with below list of scenarios in which CRM 2015 opens a record in new window.
- Any non-customizable system entities or Configurations like subject, articles, etc.
- Customizations: Solutions, Views, Forms, Security roles.
- Goal Module
- Advanced find and other pop ups.
- When user clicks on Pop Out button for a record.
- When you try to add a new related record from an existing record which do not support in-line editing and don’t have quick create form.
Have you noticed any more entities of the kind? Please comment below and I will add it to the list.