Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 has added a new way to look at records, and their relationships to records of the same entity type. This new functionality is called Hierarchy Visualizations which has been discussed in earlier post here. In this post I would like to point some limitations for hierarchy visualizations.
- Maximum of 4 fields are displayed on a tile.
- Visualization is based on a single entity.
- At most 1 hierarchical relationship allowed for an entity.
- Only 1:N relationships can be enabled to be hierarchical.
- OData not supported for querying Hierarchical data.
Good to be aware of limitations before architecture 🙂