“The import file is invalid. XSD validation failed with the following error” on Solution Import to Dynamics CRM


Just had this error while trying to import a solution to Dynamics CRM 2013. On checking the log file I found that the error was with regard to a chart. It was easy to see which chart it was in relation to, so what was the issue?

Fortunately the log actually stated where the issues was. There were spurious characters in the XML, specifically “> or >, but it was being viewed as text. Not sure what happened there.

I opened up the Customisations.xml in the solution file, found the offending characters, deleted, saved and imported with success. 🙂

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s