While working with a sub-grid in D365, a question was thrown regarding behavior of Add record (plus) button. Many of you must have observed that for few sub-grids, click action of Add record button opens a new form to create a new record while for others a new line is added in sub-grid where one can add the record name and associate it. You might have figured the reason for this earlier but it was now that a college helped to figure out why it happens for me.
For those who were still looking for the reason of this behavior like me, this is all related to requirement level of the look-up field on child record. If Look-up is configured as business required then a new form is opened else the grid provides an inline row to associate the record. My assumption for this behavior is that if the look-up is business required, then it is assumed that all the existing records are already associated with some parent record thus user should create a new record. Always correct me if i’m wrong 🙂
Credit for the workaround goes to Chris Doran for sharing the solution on Dynamics Forum https://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/206486
In some cases if the “From” field for “Send Email” step is disabled (mostly after 2016 update 1) which restricts sending emails from workflow, follow below steps.
It is a known issue with below workaround from MS Support.
- Create a new solution and add in the ‘from’ field from the email entity – just that nothing else from the email entity.
- Export the solution as an unmanaged solution.
- Edit customizations.xml and look for the line that says for “From” field. The tag is available for other lookups too (like created by) which should not be touched. <LookupTypes />
Replace that line with:
- The attribute will look like this:
<displayname description=”From” languagecode=”1033″ />
<Description description=”Enter the sender of the email.” languagecode=”1033″ />
- Put the new customizations.xml back in the solution zip file replacing the existing one.
- Import the solution back and publish.